The third HPCAC-ISC Student Cluster Competition, featured at ISC’14, is an opportunity to showcase student expertise in a friendly yet spirited competition. The competition will start tomorrow, and will feature small teams that compete to demonstrate the incredible capabilities of state-of- the-art high-performance cluster hardware and software. In a real-time challenge, eleven teams of six undergraduate and/or high school students from around the world will build a small cluster of their own design on the ISC exhibit floor and race to demonstrate the greatest performance across a series of benchmarks and applications.
The eleven teams already arrived to Germany and are busy with setting their systems:
– Centre for HPC (CHPC), South Africa
– Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), South Korea
– Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Bentley University, Northeastern University(NEU), United States
– EPCC at The University of Edinburgh (EPCC), United Kingdom
– Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany
– University of Hamburg, Germany
– University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil
– University of Colorado at Boulder, United States
– University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), China
– Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), China
– Tsinghua University, China
I would like to wish the teams good luck!