The HPC Advisory Council includes five special interest subgroups:
- HPC|Scale Subgroup – exploring the usage of commodity HPC as a replacement for multi-million dollar mainframes and proprietary based supercomputers with networks and clusters of microcomputers acting in unison to deliver high-end computing services. Chair: Richard Graham
- HPC|Cloud Subgroup – exploring the usage of HPC components as part of the creation of external/public/internal/private cloud computing environments. Chair: William Lu
- HPC|Works Subgroup – providing best practices for building balanced and scalable HPC systems, performance tuning and application guidelines. Chair: Pak Lui
- HPC|Storage Subgroup – demonstrate how to build high-performance storage solutions and their affect on application performance and productivity. One of the main interests of the HPC|Storage subgroup is to explore Lustre based solutions, and to expose more users to the potential of Lustre over high-speed networks. Chair: Hussein Harake
- HPC|GPU Subgroup – exploring usage models of GPU components as part of next generation compute environments and potential optimizations for GPU based computing. Chairs: Sadaf Alam and Gilad Shainer.
If anyone interested in joining and contributing to the groups activities, please contact email@example.com. I do want to thank the groups chairs for their contributions.